And over a month later, I’m back…
I really did intend to blog consistently in January, and continue that on throughout the year. But final year is busy and stressful, so when something had to give, I decided it was going to be this blog.
Hopefully now I’ve gotten back into the swing of things these long breaks won’t be such a regular occurrence, but honestly, I’m not prepared to promise anything like that before I graduate.
Recently, I was tagged by the lovely Keri over at Try Everything Once to do this 5 Things You Might Not Know About Me tag, and I’m quite excited to get writing it. The last time I wrote a post like this was years ago, and so many things have changed since then: I’ve done a year abroad and am now so close to graduating, I’ve decided what career path I want to pursue when I do graduate, and I’ve grown up so much.
So, here we go, here are 5 things you might not know about me…
- When I was a lot younger I had a gap in between my two front teeth that was so big, I could fit the handle of a teaspoon in it. I got a teaspoon stuck there once and my Mum has never let me forget it.
- I can’t wink. I’ve tried countless times and it’s something that no-one ever believes when I tell them. But unless I literally hold one eye shut, I can’t do it. It just looks like an awkwardly over-pronounced blink.
- I used to swim competitively and once held three separate County records. I don’t miss the swimming that much, but I definitely miss how fit I used to be and the feeling of competing as part of a team.
- I hate riding a bike. I love spin classes, they are by far my favourite form of exercise but I completely freak out if I have to ride a normal bike. I’m scared of going round a corner and falling off. I wish I wasn’t, and it’s an aim of mine to get over that fear in the near future!
- As well as on this blog, I’ve also written content for the lovely team over at PocketSport, and for Euronet as well. I love writing, it’s a huge passion of mine and I’m really hoping that it’s something I can incorporate into my career when I graduate this July.
So there we go, just a quick check-in for now but I have a lot of content lined up that I’m excited to finish off and get published. If there’s anything you would specifically like to see, let me know!